Community Forums > General(总则) > General Discussion > Difference between RM and CS lobby

Difference between RM and CS lobby

TSM_Dyrus

Дата причоединения 30 de de 2011
Посты:89
Отредактировано11 de de 2012 - 13:02TSM_Dyrus
Just a personal observation.. opinion might vary... but generally ->

CS Lobby:
1. Guy enters a game room and the first thing he says "Host here?"/"Host?"/"Here?" or other variants.
2. Games are usually played in fast speed settings.
3. Probability of profanity in game and abuse -> 30%-70%
4. 8 guys go into a 4v4 game and if 7 makes it in.. 1 guy usually gets booted and game goes 3v3
5. Someone drops game continues.

RM Lobby:
1. Guy enters a game room and the first thing he says "Hi"/"Hello"/"Hey" or its variants
2. Games usually played in normal speed settings
3. Probability of profanity and abuse -> 10% - 40%
4. 8 guys go into a 4v4 game and if 7 makes it in.. usually gb and try to get another.. booting rare.. maybe if high pinger or low gamers...
5. Someone drops.. game is usually saved for fair game..

add your observations :)

idk but this kinda makes me feel RMers are little more humane ;lol come on CSers.. learn to be nice. ;lol
Ссылка | Ответить | Цитата
 ___sNaKe___

Дата причоединения 21 de de 2011
Посты:44
Размещено11 de de 2012 - 13:46
This is nothing new
 [Eot_]Alex

Дата причоединения 22 de de 2010
Посты:2620
Размещено12 de de 2012 - 06:17
Sad but true.
 ___sNaKe___

Посты:44
Размещено12 de de 2012 - 07:22
U could even add that there a bigger amount of point traders in cs ^^
 Rambit

Дата причоединения 24 de de 2007
Посты:3606
Размещено12 de de 2012 - 14:26
Average age of players is significantly higher in RM than CS, which explains pretty much all of that.
 [dasdas]HawkeyeGough

Дата причоединения 10 de de 2007
Посты:885
Размещено12 de de 2012 - 14:36
CS players have always been ****s lol

Inferiority complex most likely.
 [XceL]Donnie

Дата причоединения 9 de de 2008
Посты:5719
Размещено12 de de 2012 - 15:02
also people are almost never spamming the lobby in rm
 [League]Zakuretzu

Дата причоединения 1 de de 2007
Посты:1305
Размещено12 de de 2012 - 15:26
CS we must be change our attitude
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Дата причоединения 18 de de 2009
Посты:3965
Размещено12 de de 2012 - 15:26
and u can't actually enter the games where people are civil towards each other because they are most likely friends only lol

it is what it is
 TSM_Dyrus

Дата причоединения 30 de de 2011
Посты:89
Размещено12 de de 2012 - 15:38
Inferiority complex most likely.
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
 Is_this_my_name

Дата причоединения 1 de de 2007
Посты:753
Размещено12 de de 2012 - 15:47
CS maps= more fast-paced starting and game-play + more simple/less to learn
therefore
CS players= very impatient + immature + don't like to try anything new

(not that immature is always a bad thing)
 ViralCTM

Дата причоединения 5 de de 2007
Посты:539
Отредактировано20 de de 2012 - 17:50ViralCTM
CS maps= more fast-paced starting and game-play + more simple/less to learn
therefore
CS players= very impatient + immature + don't like to try anything new

(not that immature is always a bad thing)

That was not always true of how CS games operated. One can only look to the community's online past to see this (i.e. the Zone).

What Rambit says is also true, however. It tends to lead into this followup observation, rather than innately existing. There used to be a much greater variety of CS games, and a much larger (now pretty much nonexistent) unrated CS community -- oftentimes consisting of games where fast-paced gameplay was not the norm, and needless to say, civility was expected rather than rare. Competition encourages the opposite, and over time variation vanished, while at the same time many older gamers moved on elsewhere. (Assuming we're talking about Age of Empires II, for instance, CBA--a game that displays its nature right in its title--predominates.) That is not meant to be an explanation for how things happened as they did, only that they happened.

I've posted about ways to encourage innovation before (and at the same time encourage Voobly membership and thus variation and encouragement to play more games) but it's mostly fallen on deaf ears. Then again, the most recent thread I posted in about the subject seemed half-hearted in its purpose, so there could be that it wasn't the right place to discuss the issue -- because it most certainly is one.
 [ InC ]_ShruiKan_

Посты:768
Размещено20 de de 2012 - 13:17
ViralCTM wrote:
That was not always true of how CS games operated. One can only look to the community's online past to see this (i.e. the Zone).

What Rambit says is also true, however. It tends to leads into this followup observation, rather than innately existing. There used to be a much greater variety of CS games, and a much larger (now pretty much nonexistent) unrated CS community -- oftentimes consisting of games where fast-paced gameplay was not the norm, and needless to say, civility was expected rather than rare. Competition encourages the opposite, and over time variation vanished, while at the same time many older gamers moved on elsewhere. (Assuming we're talking about Age of Empires II, for instance, CBA--a game that displays its nature right in its title--predominates.) That is not meant to be an explanation for how things happened as they did, only that they happened.

I've posted about ways to encourage innovation before (and at the same time encourage Voobly membership and thus variation and encouragement to play more games) but it's mostly fallen on deaf ears. Then again, the most recent thread I posted in about the subject seemed half-hearted in its purpose, so there could be that it wasn't the right place to discuss the issue -- because it most certainly is one.

zone was zone it will never come back

stop talking bout it
 ViralCTM

Дата причоединения 5 de de 2007
Посты:539
Размещено20 de de 2012 - 15:18
zone was zone it will never come back

stop talking bout it
I never said it would, so I'm not sure what you were intending with your reply. I brought it up to show that the present differences between the lobbies do not have to be set in stone. =)
 [ InC ]_ShruiKan_

Посты:768
Размещено20 de de 2012 - 16:35
ViralCTM wrote:
I never said it would, so I'm not sure what you were intending with your reply. I brought it up to show that the present differences between the lobbies do not have to be set in stone. =)

Dont talk bout zone and leave the happy moments away from these dark times

[1]2345
Показано 1 - 15 из of 69 посты
Быстрый пееход:
1Пользователи(-ли)читают эту тему (За последние 30 минут)
0члены,1гости