The flaw in smosh positions

[dv8]KoolSavas

Дата причоединения 21 de de 2012
Посты:929
Отредактировано14 de de 2016 - 14:49[dv8]KoolSavas
Hi there,

I just had a look at the smosh map and I found the proof for what I already expected. As you know some positions in smosh suck or are at least much less prefered than other positions. In tournaments teams always prefer the right side (red, green, purple) and theres a good reason for it.

The issue lies in the triggers that tasks the units from their spawn point to their destination. The playing field in this game is made out of tiles/squares and in the editor you set such tile as destination for the units to go to. They spawn in the middle of a tile but they dont move to the middle of the destination tile but to the left corner instead.

Those who are smart have figured out by now that this gives p6 an advantage over p5 for example. I made a little screenshot for those who need further explanation.

[You must login to view link]

The tiles which are set as destination are colored in light orange. Looks good so far, but as I mentioned before the units dont move to the middle of that tile but to the left corner instead. Now, the path the units walk from their spawn point to their destination is colored in light pink. If you compare p5 to p6 again you will hopefully see the difference.

Why does this matter? One reason is the command lag in aoc. When there is huge lag then you dont have enough time to select and send your units to mid as p5. They will stop at their destination before they keep moving to mid. p6 has better chances for his units not to stop in between spawning and sending since his units move another ~1.4 "distance units" until they stop. There are a few more reasons but you get the idea already.

I will fix this soon (probably tomorrow) so you can have a fair smosh for the TG ladder, the random ladder and for tournaments.
Ссылка | Ответить | Цитата
 nhoobish

Дата причоединения 8 de de 2010
Посты:2134
Размещено14 de de 2016 - 14:34
Upload your ****ing image to a more user friendly site ... I get 3-5 German ****ty pop-up ads that I cannot even close, thus cannot see the mapshot................................
 [dv8]KoolSavas

Отредактировано14 de de 2016 - 14:38[dv8]KoolSavas
2016 and people dont know adblock, omfg.

//edit: For the people who lived behind the moon for the past 10 years and never heard of adblock, here is the direct link: [You must login to view link]
 nhoobish

Отредактировано14 de de 2016 - 14:44nhoobish
Certain sites, like Voobly, are alive partly thanks to the ads they show on their site. The revenue generated on Voobly plays a role in server maintenance. I could keep on going why having ads enabled is beneficial to the society, but that is not the point. You should never host images on a site that is not user friendly.

Edit: I hope Icey will give you a longer lecture on this topic, for supporting Voobly is actually important, if you wish for this place to keep growing.
 [dv8]KoolSavas

Отредактировано14 de de 2016 - 14:44[dv8]KoolSavas
You can disable adblock on the sites you want to support, you know that right? 11 Aside from that I highly doubt voobly would have financial issues without ads.
 nhoobish

Размещено14 de de 2016 - 14:46
You can disable adblock on the sites you want to support, you know that right?

No, I did not and I will not enable my adblock in either way.
 V4NG3L1S

Дата причоединения 17 de de 2011
Посты:531
Размещено14 de de 2016 - 14:47
shut up nhoobish
 nhoobish

Размещено14 de de 2016 - 14:48
V4NG3L1S wrote:
shut up nhoobish

Shut up Canadian wannabe.
 [dv8]KoolSavas

Размещено14 de de 2016 - 14:50
I edited my first post so clicking the thumbnail gets you directly to the image, are you happy now?
 nhoobish

Размещено14 de de 2016 - 14:53
I edited my first post so clicking the thumbnail gets you directly to the image, are you happy now?

No. The mistakes you have made are unforgivable.
 MethodMann

Дата причоединения 26 de de 2014
Посты:271
Размещено14 de de 2016 - 14:56
Malte is a good guy trying to improve things but people don't like his ideas for some reason
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Дата причоединения 17 de de 2012
Посты:6924
Размещено14 de de 2016 - 15:01
i noticed snow so i dislike the idea
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Дата причоединения 17 de de 2012
Посты:6237
Размещено14 de de 2016 - 15:14
Good Stuff. Most of us have known which spots are better for some time but I for one could never work out why. Just figured the angle was better
 Dej4Vu

Дата причоединения 23 de de 2013
Посты:1058
Размещено14 de de 2016 - 18:51
Quote:
They will stop at their destination before they keep moving to mid. p6 has better chances for his units not to stop in between spawning and sending since his units move another ~1.4 "distance units" until they stop.
I like this part, this explains something I had in mind that it might be posible,
I also thought I had some spots (p4, p5, p8) that got stuck due to some trigger poorly done
 [xCs]IYIastA

Дата причоединения 8 de de 2016
Посты:954
Размещено14 de de 2016 - 18:58
All your achievements turn to ash because you put desert in 2v2 pack

[1]23
Показано 1 - 15 из of 44 посты
Быстрый пееход:
1Пользователи(-ли)читают эту тему (За последние 30 минут)
0члены,1гости

Что интересно прямо сейчас
2v2 Radical Blood Tournament (10 пользователи)
Top 5 players of all time (R6) (5 пользователи)
Word Association (5 пользователи)
Clan Tournament Standings (5 пользователи)
Complete RCB FFA Gameplay Guide (4 пользователи)
RCB Gold 2013 v4 (4 пользователи)
Roll The Dice ! (4 пользователи)
CBA 2v2 Same Civ League (4 пользователи)
Top all round (3 пользователи)
The Great Random Ladder Thread (3 пользователи)
Самые активные темы за последнюю неделю: