ADD: Warcraft 2 Battle NET Edition

Poll: Would you like Warcraft II added to Voobly?
Yes, it's a good idea I will play frequently
Yes, it's a good idea I will play sometimes
Yes, it's a good idea but I won't play the game
No, don't waste your time
 terrorkahn

Дата причоединения 11 de de 2014
Посты:20
Размещено26 de de 2014 - 10:27
There is no guarantee that we will get any players here at all. People say one thing and end up doing another. May I ask where you got those numbers from (specific Websites)?

If you go to [You must login to view link] and look at the right hand of the screen, there is always a list of how many players are currently online with all of their names and a list of games currently being played as well.

Right now, there are 43 players online.. it is realistic to expect 80 or more users log on throughout a 24 hour period.

If you go to [You must login to view link] you can see a list of every single game that has been played in the last day, 2 days, or more and every single player that was in the game.

between those two links i just gave, you will probably start to realize about the size of our community

I am one of the 3 or 4 active war2 admins. We have all talked and have all agreed that if voobly can fix our hosting issue (which we all believe it will) the entire community will move to voobly. Us moving to voobly is not a question. If Voobly hosts War2, it's going to happen. The entire community is going to move... Not only is the community going to move, but there is a very real chance that previous war2 players come back as well once they realize they can host games again.

Ссылка | Ответить | Цитата
 terrorkahn

Размещено26 de de 2014 - 10:33
MiCH the difference between Warcraft 3 and Warcraft 2 is that there were other places for them to play Warcraft3.

[You must login to view link] is the last place anyone plays warcraft 2 to our knowledge. we cannot fix a problem we are having with people being able to host games. according to the more computer savy users on our server voobly will fix that

that alone is reason for all of us to move to voobly.
 terrorkahn

Размещено26 de de 2014 - 10:40
Peak numbers are over 80 and sometimes closer to 100 if a good tournament is being hosted.

I think it is realistic to keep peak numbers over 100 on a regular basis (possibly more) if voobly hosts it and the community comes together to properly advertise the switch

This is about how many players we see on our server on average:

Daily ~ 80
Weekly ~ 150
Monthly ~ 200
Yearly probably closer to 400 if not more

There are a lot of war2 players who will leave for a month or two and then come back to playing

The players who are playing war2 today are not the same players who will be playing next month or the month after that.... They come and go and come and go.. but until we can fix hosting there will continue to be a decline in players year after year. 2 years ago for example there was always over 100 players online. always.
 terrorkahn

Размещено26 de de 2014 - 10:44
nhoobish wrote:
50+ users online online at all times is more than AoK gets. Also they even added the poll on [You must login to view link] to their News Feed, so they are surely taking this seriously and they are looking for a better client to play games on. It also seems that they have a quite big community that play there and by providing them with a better service would be a good for them and for Voobly.

Also their site holds a lot of data about Warcraft II that could possibly help in creating WC II for Voobly, also their Forum seems not totally dead yet. So it is possibly a great to support this game on Voobly. You seem to have active community, even though not that big, you got my support.

thanks
 terrorkahn

Отредактировано26 de de 2014 - 10:48terrorkahn
Feel free to check out a War2 video or two of mine if you're interested

https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

AllstarTX

Дата причоединения 12 de de 2014
Посты:1
Размещено26 de de 2014 - 14:15
i'm pretty confident youd see a surge of our active users once we went to voobly. The hosting issue is killing us.

We have 50-60 active users per day now, with all the hosting issues, forums nobody can register on anymore, etc. This # would easily double or more here. I for one would play alot more, if it was hosted here.
 Alex6b

Дата причоединения 2 de de 2014
Посты:12
Размещено26 de de 2014 - 17:53
Is the hosting issue of war2bne mainly caused by people not forwarding the UDP ports that are needed for the game to work?

It just seems to me that there must be a way to fix what is working instead of starting over from scratch.
 [ViCiouS]MiCh_

Дата причоединения 10 de de 2009
Посты:12559
Размещено26 de de 2014 - 17:59
terrorkahn wrote:
If you go to [You must login to view link] and look at the right hand of the screen, there is always a list of how many players are currently online with all of their names and a list of games currently being played as well.

Yea I figured that out once I was given the [You must login to view link] link.
Edited Yesterday, 12:49 pm by MiCh_
Now I see where he got those numbers from lol

Most online players: 378 (March 2011)
terrorkahn wrote:
If you go to [You must login to view link] you can see a list of every single game that has been played in the last day, 2 days, or more and every single player that was in the game.

[You must login to view link]
Good lord 535 games played today lol Is that accurate?
 terrorkahn

Размещено26 de de 2014 - 20:24
most likely... there are probably on average (just a guess) between 3-5 games being played at any given time. most games probably average 10 minutes

works out to right around 550-600 games a day
 GaNzTheLegend

Дата причоединения 8 de de 2012
Посты:30
Отредактировано26 de de 2014 - 21:18GaNzTheLegend
13 games going right now, the oldgames.php is accurate since it grabs the data from the game reports automatically after each game finishes.
 Lancelight

Посты:5
Отредактировано27 de de 2014 - 02:34Lancelight
I've done many code modifications to pvpgn as well as war2. I've coded a UPnP client to attempt to auto forward ports and it worked fine but it still is not on the level of a VPN or an IPX network. VPN's have been tried and were very slow for war2 because of it's reliance upon a low latency. IPX is really the best method to play war2 online but the only service still available for that is Kali. But Kali is a dead service really. Not much going on there anymore. So moving war2 to Kali doesnt make a lot of sense. Voobly was new and I'd never heard of it before, but it seems to have a large enough following that it might attract new players to the game and if it's true that you do indeed create an IPX network for playing then I'd have to say voobly is one of the better choices for improving the current war2 situation.

I also live stream every war2 game I play. You might catch me on sometime, I usually play after 8pm EDT. [You must login to view link] You'll see how active the place is through watching my past broadcasts, highlights, or if I happen to be live.
 [ViCiouS]MiCh_

Дата причоединения 10 de de 2009
Посты:12559
Размещено28 de de 2014 - 18:55
I'm still working on it. I wanted to gather as many of you as possible in a private chat room, but I noticed you guys aren't on the client much (in whatever game lounge).
 WojskiX

Посты:15
Размещено28 de de 2014 - 19:59
If you want to do that, I would suggest the best thing to do would be to organise a time and log onto our current server. It's a 13meg download. None of us probably play any games on here at the moment. War2 is so old that many of us played it as young teenagers and are now in our 30s and have no other interest in learning new games.
 GaNzTheLegend

Дата причоединения 8 de de 2012
Посты:30
Размещено28 de de 2014 - 20:18
I'm still working on it. I wanted to gather as many of you as possible in a private chat room, but I noticed you guys aren't on the client much (in whatever game lounge).

None of these guys even knew about Voobly before I made a post about it on our forums and then it was posted on our website and in the game chat telling people to sign up and vote here if they wanted a better option to play war2. So, all of these guys are War2 players from our server and none of them really play any games on Voobly I think.

I think what WojskiX said would probably be the best option. Download our game client from [You must login to view link] and create an account and you will be able to talk with all the players in our chat lobby This would be the best way to talk with as many war2 players at the same time as possible..
 terrorkahn

Отредактировано28 de de 2014 - 20:36terrorkahn
Another option is checking out the War2 facebook page (1,100 members)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/war2server/

maybe post a topic and get a discussion going there

12345678[9]101112
Показано 121 - 135 из of 167 посты
Быстрый пееход:
2Пользователи(-ли)читают эту тему (За последние 30 минут)
0члены,2гости

Что интересно прямо сейчас
RCB Gold 2013 v4 (27 пользователи)
Word Association (11 пользователи)
AoKTS updates (9 пользователи)
CBA 4v4 Tournament Register Here (8 пользователи)
Ratings (5 пользователи)
CS Lists (Part 1) (5 пользователи)
Khans 1v1 Tournament (4 пользователи)
The I'm Better than You Challenge (3 пользователи)
Text - bigger messages for Age o... (3 пользователи)
AoC Music for Age of Empires II:... (2 пользователи)